1.28.2009

Hold on...

I am posting a little ealier than usual. It's a busy day. I have to take my daughter to dance and religious ed. this afternoon/evening and then watch American Idol as soon as I get home tonight(To be honest, it's kind of boring this year. I'm looking forward to when it gets down to the final 12). Then to bed so I can get up to reflect and pray (uh oh, it's already starting to feel like a chore...I'm like a match I burn bright at first and the flame dies quickly...good thing I seem to have an endless supply of matches...I'll just have to fumble around in the dark for a bit).


Speaking of, I realize that my "yellow lab" personality has not been coming out in this blog, as of yet. But I have to admit I've been down lately. Maybe I'm sick...I don't know. I do know there are some things on my mind that have been tumbling around, I'm just not quite ready to scatter these agates yet...

Truthfully, I have times (like I'm sure everyone does) where the weight of the world is on my shoulders and all I may need is a massage...BUT, I told myself years ago that I would live in these darker times. I would let myself feel what doesn't always feel good. Glossing over the bad, icky, stuff in my life is not healthy or realistic. How can I embrace my humanity if I deny a very big part of it? I think this may be why when I'm happy, I really am happy. I don't have to pretend.

If there were no valleys, we would have no mountains to climb.

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine...
If you can't hold on, hold on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!