1.27.2009

Peace


Today was a really good day. I stayed home all day and did loads and loads of laundry. I read a zillion books to my daughter and wiped her nose about 3,000 times (poor thing is sick). In fact, I kind of enjoyed being home all day and didn't even wish once that I was somewhere else. And then, to top off a fairly pleasant day, I got to watch American Idol.

There was only one thing that was different today. I woke up a little earlier than usual and set aside some time, about 10 or 15 minutes, to pray. Imagine that?!?! Just taking the time to place myself in God's presence makes life so much more meaningful. It gives me the right perspective as I go about the day.

Peace means having my life in the right order: 1. Faith, 2. Family, 3. Friends.

(This is an icon of Mother Teresa by Brother Claude Lane, O.S.B. I love his interpretation of the very traditional art of iconography. He is a Benedictine monk at Mt. Angel Abbey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!