2.11.2009

Making valentines...again...

I do not like those generic Valentine’s Day cards that you can buy at the grocery store. I just don’t find characters like Barbie and Hannah Montana very lovely like I think valentines should be. I always have these great visions of my daughter and I sitting together making wonderful valentines. For quite a few years now I’ve tried to make beautiful valentines with my daughter and each year has been a struggle. This year I thought I’d give it one more try.

Well, now I have a daughter just under 2 wandering around while we are trying to make these stupid things. I put everything out on the table and forgot to put the salt and pepper away from dinner. My youngest got her hands on the pepper and poured it all over everything. Meanwhile all my 6 year old could do was complain about making valentines. She wanted me to do it. At one point I looked over and my little one was trying to cut her shirt with the pinking shears. What a disaster! Maybe next year I’ll break down and buy some from the grocery store.

PS- I love Tatiana!

1 comment:

  1. The Yardley MomFebruary 14, 2009

    One of Connor's classmates just took some themed scrapbooking paper, put his name on the front with sticker initials, added a charm and a candy, and it was really nice! We had some we made from the "Highlights" magazine he gets, they were much nicer and positive than the store-bought, I so agree. Bratz and Homies does nothing for me either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!