2.02.2009

A Mini Vacation

I’ve had one of those evenings when my girls will not go to sleep. One gets up for water, the other needs her baby doll and it just goes on and on. By the end of the day I am so done with negotiating and caretaking. It aggravates me that I can’t get time to myself. When do I get my time?

Instead of thinking so much about the time taken from me, I should think more about the things my children have given to me today. Such as a good laugh when my 1 ½ year old clomped around the kitchen without anything on except her pink dress-up shoes, or the pride I felt when my six year old flossed her teeth when she was not even told.

I now share my time with two darling girls. It is our time. If I get those few minutes alone, it’s icing on the cake or, as I like to call it, a mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!