2.21.2009

My Book Club

I love my book club. I joined this group when I first moved back the the town my mom is from. It was is her book club and friends and I was anxious to have both so they let me join. Most of the women are over 50 although, since I've joined they've included some other younger moms. Some of the women used to be teachers, some are artists, one is a realator, some love to garden, all are very intelligent and wonderful. We choose the most interesting books because we all have such different literature preferences. I love to hear what all of them have to say about each book and learn, through their comments, a little about each of their lives. That's the beauty of a book club and of reading. The words written come alive in the lives and interpretation of each reader. I rarely see any of the people in my book club through out the month (except my mom), but I love knowing we are all reading and living with the same books.

Here are a few of the books we have read that I have really enjoyed:

Katherine by Anya Seton
Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
A Clearing in the Wild by Jane Kirkpatrick
Empress Orchid by Anchee Min
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

1 comment:

  1. I loved Eat, Pray, Love. It is one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!