4.26.2009

My Secrets Revealed

I do have a few secrets that I am not going to reveal here or anywhere for that matter. They are things I am ashamed of and don't really want to bring up (except maybe in confession). However, I can honestly say that I have very few. I am an open and honest gal!

It doesn't bother me to share so much of myself with others because I don't feel my life is really my own. It is a life given to me by God. All my experiences from the past and present make up who I am. That, combined with the gifts God has given me (such as my personality and even the way I look), make me a very unique individual. I am in the right place at the right time. I was created for this life and this time.

Armed with the understanding of where I am going and where I have come from, I can be "all things to all people" (St. Paul...from my memory so it may not be exact). When I share these things that seem like secrets or that may make me seem weak, there is a purpose. It is to unite myself with whomever I am sharing with so that together we may strive toward Holiness. We are united in our suffering. We are united, not only to each other, but to Christ who suffered only for love of us.

1 comment:

  1. Holly - I loved this post! Perhaps it is your open and sincere personality that makes others (myself for sure) so apt to open up with YOU. Your authenticity, honesty, and great sense of humor combine in a way that puts me completely at ease. You are an inspiration to me and I am so proud to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!