4.28.2009

People of God, Unite!

“I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.” –John 10:16

In this Scripture, taken from this Sunday’s Gospel, Jesus is talking to his Jewish followers about non-Jewish people, or Gentiles. As I reflected on these words, I had a slightly different interpretation. I, as a Catholic, am on a journey toward Heaven. It is (hopefully) my final and glorious destination. And, I believe anyone, truly seeking God or Truth, is working toward that same destination. We, everyone in the whole entire world…no exceptions, are the People of God. But because of sin, we have been "scattered and led astray" (CCC #845). Jesus, the Good Shepherd, wants to bring us all back together. One day, those "other sheep" who may not proclaim themselves as Christians, will hear the voice of Jesus and know him because he has already revealed himself to them as Truth. At that point, we will be united.

It's so exciting...I could easily start to cry just thinking about it...I can't wait!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!