4.04.2009

Skillets & Miracles!

My husband read my last blog post and I guess he felt sorry for me. He came home today with a brand new skillet. A nice one too. I'm very happy to have it and am excited to cook on it. Wait...I don't know if I'd go so far as to say excited. Maybe ~interested in trying it~ might be a better way to phrase that. I'm not sure that I'll ever feel excited about cooking. You never know, I do believe in miracles!

Speaking of miracles, today's weather was brilliant. The temperature got into the mid 70s. It was amazing and so fun. The girls were outside most of the day. The front door was wide open and I talked to most of my neighbors whom I have barely even seen for months. My slumping shoulders have straightened up and my lungs are refreshed with the sweet, fresh air. It's just a slight breather until my six year old's pollen allergies are in full swing. Oh the wonders of parenting never cease.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new skillet! To join in on your celebration I thought I'd get some link to skillet meal recipes for you (disclaimer: I haven't tried any of these myself, they were just the top two Google results for "easy skillet meals"): http://southernfood.about.com/od/otherappliancerecipes/tp/topskilletall.htm *OR* http://busycooks.about.com/cs/onedishmeals/a/skilletmeals.htm

    You may have to copy and paste. I hope there is one that looks good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipes, Beth. I'll have to check them out. I spent a good amount of time looking through some reipes today and was left feeling overwhelmed. I have no new ideas and feel completely stuck. Maybe these recipes will do it for me.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!