4.16.2009

Think About These Things

“…whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.”
~
A Letter of St. Paul to the Philippians (3:8-9)
~
I have been feeling bad about what I wrote yesterday. I broke my own rule about what kind of things I want to write about. The scripture above kept rolling through my mind and I realized that there are much better things to think about and write about than our current political climate. As you can probably tell, I have started listening and watching the news again. And, once again, it is stealing my peace and my joy. So, I am going to try to come up with some ways to turn it off. I think it probably means getting out of the house and getting my mind on things that are more uplifting. I'm glad summer is almost here.
~
Just as I am writing these words, I had a mini revelation. I always wonder how people can have hobbies like gardening and sewing. They are probably not spending so much time listening, watching and reading about politics. I need a new hobby!!
~
By the way, I purposely made yesterday's post hard to read. It is a reminder to me (and you) that I am going to try to continue to write and to think about whatever is true, honorable, pure, just, pleasing, commendable, excellent and worthy of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!