4.01.2009

A Time to Adjust

Have you noticed that boxes, packages and bottles are getting smaller? The prices are lower or about the same but we are getting less. This is especially evident at Walmart. Such items as diapers, tissues, crackers, and stain removers. It's kind of irritating, but I think we are going to have to get used to it. I guess maybe one good thing about it is that we will use less. Less tissue is kind of a bummer because my kids and I use a lot of them. I guess I could buy or make some handkerchiefs. That seems kind of gross to me, but it's how it used to be done. I just hope we don't have to go back to using moss instead of wet wipes when changing diapers!

When I lived in Italy for a while during college, I lived and travelled with very little money. Not only that, Italy did not have a lot of the same conveniences as home. Things like paper coffee cups or toilet paper in public restrooms were often unavailable. After a while, I adjusted. It was the same a few years ago when my husband was in school and I was working for very little money. Thanks to the help of our family, we adjusted. God has given us the ability to adapt and I have confidence that we, as a nation of strong and adaptable individuals, will do just that....Yes We Can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!