5.15.2009

Buzzy Day

The sun is finally shining and I already have a fly in my house. We do not have a screen on our front door and probably will not get one. It's too pretty to cover up with a screen anyway! I may buy one of those screens that can be put up with velcro.

Speaking of home improvements, our house is on a corner and in all of its thirty years of existance, no one took the time to plant any privacy bushes or put up a privacy fence. My hope is that we can do that this summer (the sooner the better). There is a nice little spot in my back yard that gets the perfect amount of sun throughout the day but right now it sits extremely close to our neighbor's back yard. I would like to make a little nook for a statue of Mary with a little Mary garden around it some day, but I'm kind of embarassed if my neighbors step out their back door. There is also a wonderfully hot place on that same side of the house that I'd like to grow a vegatable garden (again, I'd like the privacy fence so I don't have to worry about my underwear showing or something while I'm working...maybe I'm not meant to be living so close to people).

So these are my thoughts today as the sun shines, the birds tweet, and lawn mowers rumble throughout my little town. I'm also thinking about the three parties I'm going to this weekend, my daughter's dance performance and the discussion at book club this morning (have I told you how much I love my book club). It's amazing what a little sun can do to brighten my mood. The only downfall of my day so far is that pesky fly. It keeps buzzing by my head, trying to ruin my moment. I guess I better buy that screen soon!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! "I'd like the privacy fence so I don't have to worry about my underwear showing or something while I'm working..." I love it, Holly you are too funny.

    I think you should be thankful for the fly, because that means it's actually warm enough to leave the door open and make it possible to have a fly. But two or three flies, well... then you can be annoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!