5.04.2009

Holly in Real Life

Okay, so yesterday's post was a bit of a downer. I have to admit I kept having this vision of sand sticking to my shoes and I finally came up with a way to write about it! I have been kind of down lately, but such is life. I'm trying to be real when I write (a hard thing to portray in words on a computer screen). A lot of blogs, magazines, TV shows and commercials portray moms as wonder women. They have perfect lives, perfect children and perfect cupcakes. I get offended by that. Often, and I don't think I'm alone in saying this, it is a struggle to notice the beauty of life when the children, the house, and even the husband are all demanding so much attention out of me. It's hard to keep it all together all the time. I'm not even sure it is possible. Although I do have some almost perfect days, my life is far from perfect. In fact, it can be messy, sad, hard and a lot of times it seems hopeless. That's why I am so thankful for my faith. It gets me through the hard times....

Oh no, I can't resist the Footprints in the Sand poem, so here it goes:


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it: "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied: "My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

3 comments:

  1. We hear this poem all the time, but how true it is! I have found in my own life that when I completely release myself to Jesus and let Him carry me, he really does turn me into a wonder woman. Not necessarily the wonder women we see in the marketing world, but He makes me perfectly the wonder woman He wants me to be and turns my faults and failings into my strengths. Keep holding tight to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly. If it makes you feel better, I freely admit to NOT being the perfect mom/wife/daughter/sister/friend! :) Nice to read the Footprints poem again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!