6.17.2009

Honest Scrap Award

Wow! My first blog award from Laura at Holy Mothering. I'm so flattered. I did not even know Laura read my blog, it is even more of a blessing to me. Again, wow! To actually be an inspiration to someone when I am always in need of inspiration myself. Thank you, Laura, for the honor.

In order to receive this bloggie award, I must do a few things. The first is to share 10 honest things about myself.

If you read my blog and know me, being honest is not too hard for me. Just how honest should I be right now? Good Question. I'll just begin the list and see where it takes me:

  1. I am so in love with my Catholic faith that it's hard not to bring it up in every conversation.
  2. Reading is one of my favorite things to do.
  3. Throughout the Spring and Summer, I love to mark the season by identifying various wildflowers.
  4. I also love to sit under a night sky and ponder.
  5. I don't really enjoy cooking, but I love to eat.
  6. My garden is full of weeds and my carpet needs vacuuming.
  7. I'm allergic to cats, dogs and horses.
  8. My 10 year college reunion is this Fall and I don't think I'm going to go.
  9. I have a very poor memory (just ask my friends).
  10. I'm tired from getting up early this morning...not good (see yesterday's post).

Next, I must present this award to 7 other bloggers who are brilliant in content and/or design, or have encouraged me. I don't think I'll hit 7, but here is who I'd like to send this award to:

1. Annaberri at What the Hey: her blog is unabashedly Catholic, politically conservative and very informative and interesting. Plus, we went to college together and she has really given me a lot of inspiration and help since I've started blogging.

2. Mrs. Fire Family at Fire Family Williams : her blog is a day-by-day account of a mom living at the beach. She is also my friend and introduced me to the world of blogging. She is keeping record of the lives of her children on her blog.

3. Michelle at A Catholic Housewife: wow, if you read her story of her "reversion" and what she feels about the Eucharist, you will be inspired for sure. Plus the first blog post of Michelle's that I read was some sweet pictures of her daughter crowning Mary.

4. Emma at Charming the Birds from the Trees: one of the first blogs I bumped into and have enjoyed so much. She gives a glimpse of her life as an Orthodox Christian married to a priest. It is a lovely and peaceful blog to visit.

Although there are some other great blogs that I read, these stand at the top of my list right now. Thanks for all your inspiration.

~~~~~~
If I sent you the Honest Scrap Blog Award, here are the guidelines:

1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2009

    It made me so sad to read your number one on your list. You are so in love with your catholic faith but where is God you don't even mention him in your list. Is God and Jesus as important as being catholic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to the above comment: Thank you so much for your concern. If you know me and even if you read this blog, I think it will be quite evident to you that I very much love the Holy Trinity (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit). My hope is that you will take your concern to prayer because I can always be a better Christian and my desire is to draw ever closer to my Savior and my Lord. I hope we meet in Heaven one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!