6.16.2009

Propped up by Pillows

Right now it is just after 10 PM and I am in bed. Obviously, I'm not sleeping, but I am here propped up with my pillows. My teeth are brushed and my face is washed. I'm hoping, and pretty confident this time, that I am going to be more disciplined. I'm starting with sleep.

I read an article this morning about the link between lack of sleep and mental illness. It described some studies that have made some pretty strong connections between sleep and emotions. It said that when we get good sleep, our brains are able to detach the emotion from whatever happened in the day (Maybe that's why it took me so long to get over stuff during that first year of my baby's life). There was also a study that showed that people who are rested are more likely to recognize positive emotions in others and those who lack good sleep seem to more readily recognize the negative. The article went so far as to assert that maybe suicidal tendencies could be suppressed if people would just get good sleep.

Ahhhh...these pillows behind my back are sure snugly. I'm ready to press reset on my emotions and get ready to notice all things positive tomorrow. Good Night :O)

CLICK HERE for the article I read about sleep, dreams, and emotions.

1 comment:

  1. I've given you an award for being an inspiration to me!

    http://madredetresbebs.blogspot.com/2009/06/wow-i-am-so-excited-to-receive-my-very.html

    Lara at Holy Mothering

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!