6.10.2009

Skipping and Tripping Down the Road of Life


I have been wondering lately what kind of example I am to my children. Am I really preparing them for life? Am I giving them all that they need to walk strong? Is it possible to do such a thing when I am so flawed? I'm barely walking the road myself, my feet keep slipping over the white line into the gravel. Sometimes I even find myself sprawled out on the ground with my face in the dirt. When I've fallen that far, I know I will eventually get up, brush the dust off, and begin again. But, what about my kids? Will they be able to do the same? Whatever my parents taught me, and however I learned, am I translating that to them?

It's so hard to know. There is no way to analyze what I am doing because it is coming from me in the midst of my own life and angst. I just pray that one day I will not look back on these days and see them as time wasted. I hope my children make it through and are able to walk with confidence down the road of life. For a while, I'll be able to help them get up when the dirt is in their teeth. Eventually, they'll have to do it on their own. I guess I'll just have to do the best I can whether I'm skipping down the center of the road or tripping on the side. That's all I can do.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!