8.27.2009

Glory Days

I have my ten year college reunion coming up in October. I've decided not to go. I've never been one to dwell too much on the past. I move on quite easily. When I was in high school, I used to hear older people talk about the "glory days" of high school. I had a lot of fun in high school, but I hoped it wasn't my glory days. Then in college, I had a blast and had a little fear that those may be my glory days. But, then there were those years where I made my own living and had my own apartment. Of course, I can't forget falling in love and all those wonderful years and then having babies.

Now, I am happy (well...overall) in my life as a thirty something mommy. However, I've heard more than one person, reflecting back on her years as a thirty something mommy, say that those were the "best years of her life." By the way my life has gone so far, I refuse to ever say that. I have enjoyed every part of my life for different reasons. Instead of always looking back for my glory days, I'm going to look forward to the glory days to come. Right now, I'm looking forward to what adventures my 4os and even my 80s will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!