8.12.2009

Low for a Reason

I have some news. This news comes to me with a great sigh of relief and hope. I visited with my midwife yesterday, a nurse practitioner, and told her all about my lack of energy (much of which was a problem even before I became pregnant). We did some blood tests and it turns out I have a low thyroid. I guess I just have to take some meds and I might gain some of my energy back! No wonder I need so much sleep. No wonder I don't have the energy to clean the kitchen, office, floors and bedrooms like I used to. No wonder when my children want to go anywhere I can barely muster up the strength to just say "not today." No wonder I spend two days recovering from a shopping trip or a week to get over a weekend of camping.

I also found out that I am, in fact, pregnant and have a little 3.9 cm baby growing in there and this baby has little arms and legs. This little one is due to march forth on March 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Yardley MommaAugust 12, 2009

    I am so relieved! Makes me think I should go in and have my thyroid checked, I have been dragging.

    I am very happy to hear about the March 4th news, too! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!