9.25.2009

Hooray for CA

I'm off on a trip this evening. I can't believe it. It has been a year since I've gone anywhere without my childen. This year I will be visiting a good friend of mine who lives in Ventura, CA. I'll get there tonight and come home on Monday night.

I have spent some time carefully selecting my clothes, shaving my legs, plucking my eyebrows and applying make-up. I am determined to not feel frumpy. It's a lot of work! Too bad I don't have an iphone or a blackberry so I can look important in the airport and on the plane. Maybe I'll just make a few phone calls and talk quietly but with some drama. I can call my mom, my sister, my in-laws and my college buddies. Yes, those are all very important phone calls to make! ~
~
Like I mentioned before, this is my second annual trip alone. I think I may try to make this a tradition for myself. I love to travel and it's a relief to be away from my family for some perspective.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a great trip! You have a wonderful family (husband) for them to accomodate the trip. Blessed are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather MannSeptember 26, 2009

    what about our trip to Bend?!!! that was sans children...
    hope you are having a fabulous time!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!