9.12.2009

My Shopping Dilema

I actually spent almost half the day away from my children today. I drove a couple hours to "the valley" for some new maternity clothes. I spent way too much money, but feel a little better about my wardrobe.
~
I really dislike shopping. I feel so overwhelmed in the stores. There is so much to chose from and I don't have a desire to go through piles and racks of clothes. Not only that, when I go into the dressing room to try things on, it's not exactly a pleasure to see myself without any clothes on and nothing ever looks as good on me as it does on the hanger.
~
My other problem is my country, frumpy look that doesn't bother me until I am around the sleek and put together urbanites. When I'm in their presence, the t-shirts and jeans that I wear almost every day feel outdated and shabby. My hair, which I take such pains to have cut and colored for way too much money, is flat and un-stylish. The make-up that I thought I had put on so carefully is barely visible and my lips are always dry. I can't compete with these stylish woman who must shop (and exercise) a lot more than I! Their lives seem so much more important than mine.
~
This little excursion to the land of shopping has made me realize (again) that I MUST get myself back in shape and back on track. However, right now I'm just glad to be back home in my baggy jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!