9.30.2009

Relief, Rest and Recovery

What a trip. I had a really great time in California. I spent a lot of time walking, talking, eating, napping, window shopping and people watching. The best part was being with an old friend. She does not have children (yet) and so we walked around free of diaper changes, nap time melt downs, and bed time deadlines. There were no restaurant restrictions, stroller negotiations or conversation interruptions. I had a feeling of freedom and relief and was not very anxious to return to real life.

Although I was not exactly excited to return, I am not unhappy to be home. Now I am readjusting to the daily grind and sneaking in some naps here and there. I have a feeling it could take me a good week to recuperate. I wonder if my husband calculates my recovery into my time away?

Taking time off from being a stay-at-home-mom has become necessary for my sanity. It also satifies my little travel bug, at least for the moment.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. Hopefully, it means that you are recharged, renewed, and reminded of how critical your life and ministry (family) is. I am sure that your husband and daughters are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that this trip did that for me, to be completely honest. It is sometimes hard to find the meaning in my life and right now it is particularily difficult. I think some much needed sleep and prayer would probably help matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you came! And by the way the shoes look great with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home sister Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a nice time away. I'm off to Cali soon too, but alas the child is coming with me. And we're meeting up with two more. Should be fun though, my sis has a newborn and I'm really excited to see her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!