9.05.2009

Where My Trust Belongs

I'm not sure why I always feel guilty when I start to get political on my blog. So, once again, I plan to scale back a bit. I guess if I've lost some readers because of it, maybe I'll gain some others.

This is one of the first times in a long time that I have "gone public" with my political preferences. I'm not sure why I feel so intimidated to reveal them. I just want people to like me. I have no desire to change any one's mind, necessarily. My hope is just to place my point of view on the table as an option.

It's funny how my faith can get all mixed up in this. It seems both "sides" can claim Christian reasons for their support of certain political affiliations. I tend to think both are valid. There is no evil vs. good when trying to do what's best for those in need.

If our representatives decide that socialized health care is the way to go to "fix" our problems (which I agree there are problems) then so be it. If it works, fine. I'm just not going to let it happen without a little kicking and screaming.

In the mean time, I will trust that God is in control. No matter the results. I may not trust the government or any other "BIG" American organization, but I do trust God and I have faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!