1.20.2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SCATTERING AGATES!
~
I was surprised to realize today that it is Scattering Agates' birthday. One year ago today, I sat down and jotted down my first tumbled thoughts to the world. Time, prayer and planning went into the title, but not as much into the content at that point. As I went along, and those of you who have read from the beginning can probably agree, the writing in this blog has become a little more refined and meaningful.
~
I often wonder who are you, my readers? I write to the known and unknown "you" out there. I know of a few of you and am almost embarrassed that you continue to read. Much of what I write can be so personal that I don't even share it when in conversation. It's kind of weird that way. I have found that writing my thoughts in this format has really freed me to own the thoughts that I have. I am much more content with myself and my life now that much of it is pounded out on the keys of my faithful laptop. Some days the fact that people are checking in on my blog is all that gets me through the day.
~
If there is any way that you who are reading this could help me to make Scattering Agates any better, please let me know. I would love to hear from you. I'd also like to know what exactly it is that keeps you reading. You can either write by commenting on this post or email me at holly{dot}joymarie{at}yahoo{dot}com.

2 comments:

  1. I keep reading because (in no particular order)...
    I appreciate your thoughtfulness on so many different topics.
    I love your stories about your kids/ motherhood/wifehood.
    You are my friend and I like knowing what's going on in your life.
    Sometimes you give good advice and I don't want to miss it!
    We seem to get inspiration from a lot of the same places.

    I can think of nothing that needs changing. Just keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a wonderful year it has been for those of us who benefit from your insightful and prayerful treatment of life. Thank you, Holly (and Holy Spirit)! May we enjoy many more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!