3.27.2010

Anchoring Routines

Every evening our family goes through the same bedtime routine. It's something like this:

1. Clean up house and bedrooms
2. Get Jammies on
3. Eat bedtime snack
4. Family prayer time
5. Brush teeth
6. In bed (if not too late and mom and dad are not too tired, we read books at this time)

Right after our baby was born, our family life was not running as usual. The girls were crazy and my husband and I tired. It seemed that we all might fall off the edge until we started the bedtime routine. We all fell into the comfort of our family routine and life, for a moment, seemed normal.

My conclusion: I'm so glad I have put the time and thought into our bedtime routine. It has become an anchor for our little family especially in times such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!