3.17.2010

Seeing Green

Today is St. Patrick's Day. A day to relish in all things green. My favorite green colored item at the moment is this green hand-made blanket. It was made for my little son by a very special friend. She is my friend across town. We have known each other since my family and I moved to this small town a couple years ago. My friend across town is a working mom but always seems to find the time for getting in touch with me and even spent her precious time knitting this cozy little blanket that I use every day in my son's Moses' Basket. He slumbers sweetly under it's warmth and I smile every time I glance at him with such a special blanket.

A very special thanks to my friend across town. Your friendship means more to me than the words this blog can hold.

2 comments:

  1. friend across townMarch 18, 2010

    I'm so proud to be your friend across town! the blanket almost looks professional in this photo! i too am thankful for your friendship - you've helped me see the bigger picture in life and realize there is more to it then just family and work - close friends (metophorically AND geographically) make all the difference in the world. Thanks for your patience with me as I try to fit everything in and balance it all - I know you don't believe so, but you are an inspiration. now I need to get the sweaters done for the girls because my husband wants the same blanket as Eli - only big enough for a 6 foot man... this could take some time!! love you Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Although this doesn't apply to your post per se, I just wanted to invite you to "Kids say the darndest things Friday" blog hop at:
    http://mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-signature_19.html
    We’d love to have you join the fun and share your stories. I’m sure that you have some real gems!
    In Christ,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!