4.09.2010

Time to Play the Good Record

One of my daily readers told me that if I did not post soon that she might stop checking in. So here I am!! I don't want to lose my devoted readers. This blog is my start to making millions when I am syndicated (tee, hee, hee).

Today my baby son is one month old. One whole month has gone by and I've lived through it with blurry eyes and baggy clothes. Most of my time has been spent in my living room feeding, visiting visitors, changing diapers, rocking, burping and watching kid TV with Little Bear. It's not an exciting life but I drop in bed exhausted at the end of the day.

To be perfectly honest, I've been kind of a wreck. I keep asking myself why I had another baby? My prayers have been desperate: "Lord, give me the grace to do this...I can't do it." After a couple throw ups, diaper changes and feedings in one hour, I looked in the mirror and realized how old I am. "I'm too old for this," I thought. Yesterday as these same thoughts kept floating through my head, I realized I need to change the record. So, that's what I'm working on today.

I CAN DO THIS...
I HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY...
IN TIME THINGS WILL ONLY IMPROVE...
FOCUS ON PRIORITIES...
THE HOUSE IS CLEAN ENOUGH TO LIVE IN...
LITTLE BEAR IS LEARNING FROM TV...
GRASSHOPPER WILL EVENTUALLY CATCH UP ON SLEEP...
FROZEN PIZZA IS NOT THAT BAD OF A MEAL...
NEXT YEAR I'LL HAVE TIME TO DECORATE FOR EASTER...
I'M A GOOD MOM...

2 comments:

  1. YardleymommaApril 11, 2010

    Yes, and I found more grays today, I too, keep telling myself, getting too old for this schedule, while I did not have a baby, I was telling myself just a month and a half until school is out and then you are almost done with your masters, too. I just wanted to say I sympathize with your feelings and I know this time next year will hopefully be much different. I was turning in the first half of my thesis this Easter, you are in my thoughts! Miss you and hopefully this summer we will visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps me to remember; if I don't do this, who will?
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!