5.28.2010

"Become what you are."
Pope Benedict said this not too long ago.
We each have the potential to be as we are created.
God desires that we reach our fullest potential.
Out of love God created us and He created us to love him and love others.
In fact, this is his command for us.
It's the greatest commandment.
By believing and living in the Love of God, we will have fullness of life and of joy.

My problem is that I am afraid to be who I am.
I am afraid of rejection.
It seems that just when I feel brave enough to present myself to others as I really am, I am slapped with another rejection.

Then my mind spins and questions.
What is the purpose of my life?
Am I too zealous about my faith?
Am I too conservative?
Do I have a problem reading social signs and ques?
Why does this always happen to me?

I get tired of being rejected.

It is in these times of rejection, however, that I turn back to what I know to be true.
I turn back to God.
I don't have anywhere else to turn.
I love Jesus.
Jesus is Love.

I want to be like him.
I want him to live in and through me.
He is the Way, Truth, and Life.

In order to be happy I must be me.
I must live what I believe.
"Become what you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!