5.14.2010

It's the Little Things


It doesn't take much to make me happy. Even if my mood is depressed for a longer period of time, little things will still give me mini moments of elation. Above is a picture of my latest happiness. My husband bought these glass, oven-proof, dishwasher-proof, containers with lids for me for Mother's Day (I pointed them out and he put them in the cart). There were fourteen pieces in the box and now the only problem I'm having is finding a place to store them. It's a little joy in my little kitchen.
~
Another joy I take in my kitchen is its 1970s, orange counter top. I've grown to love orange since we have lived in this house. I incorporated orange in my kitchen decor and have even entertained the idea of some splashes of orange in my bedroom. It's a little thing. A little thing that will be gone soon. We are redoing our kitchen next month!
~
Redoing a kitchen is not a a little thing. I know in the end it will bring some happiness, but I keep having to take deep breaths in order to calm the stress levels rising inside of me. Not only that, my dear husband has decided we need to put up a new roof as well. All of this is happening around my son's baptism. AHHHH.
~
For now, I'm going to focus on my new glassware. Isn't it nice? I can see the food through it and will be able to spot mold much sooner. Not only that, it can go in the microwave for quick reheating...deep breath...that just reminded me that we will be getting a new microwave (a micro hood) and a bunch of other new appliances
...exhale.
~
Please don't miss understand me. I am very excited to have a new kitchen. Really. It is just not bringing the same feelings of joy to my soul that little, more manageable things can.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 14, 2010

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for the best laugh I have had in days, not to mention a great way to avoid the macro problem by concentrating on the micro delights. I wish you only the best on your reno. Thankfully, your husband sounds like the industrious type who is not easily discouraged. I'm sure it will be terrific in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!