7.28.2010

The Day After


I went out last night with some mom friends of mine. We sat at our local Irish pub and talked over some scrumptious bread pudding, a 1/2 pint of beer and an Irish coffee. Time flew by and I had a wonderful evening.

Now I am paying for it. My baby woke up very early and my body struggled to wake up with him. Just because I had a break from "real" life, doesn't make that life stop. There are still diapers to be changed, babies to be fed, laundry to do and toys to pick up. Whenever there is a break in the routine, the state of my home suffers. However, if I don't get away, the state of my mind suffers.

I'm trying to decide whether or not it is worth it to leave even for an evening. Is there some way I can actually have a break with out extensive planning and preparation and then actually feel refreshed the next day?

At this point in the day after, I am not sure.

1 comment:

  1. holly, you will always regret your time away. even when your kids are "big" and "self-sufficient". i've yet to take some time away for myself and not regret it the next day. and my oldest is 16. you just sort of have to let it go. we all need a break now and again. the dishes. the laundry. those things never end. and if you actually do feel a little refreshed after and you hug those babies a little tighter or put some extra love in dinner because of it, then it's worth it!
    cheers to you and your girlfriends and irish pubs!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!