1.27.2011

Contemplating Contemplative

It's weird for me to even say or write this, but life is so much more fulfilling and less complicated and draining when I strive to be a sort of contemplative-stay-at-home-mom.  I'm not running myself ragged anymore with flitting thoughts of this or that.  I am focused and my life has purpose.  I wash the dishes, do the laundry, make meals, take care of sick kids, change diapers, just as I always have.  I just do it with less drama. I do it for Jesus.

It's sort of like labor.  When my mind was focused and I let myself feel the pain and almost analyze it, I could stay calm and in control.  When I lost my focus, I felt like a wild woman about to tear into the doctors, nurses and my husband.  I felt frantic, scared and worried that I could not complete the task at hand.

My "labor" now is nothing new.  I am just more focused.  When things get especially hard, I try to focus my thoughts on remaining calm and at peace by offering it all to God in prayer. 

All my thoughts, works, joys and sufferings I offer as a prayer.  When my mind starts to wander and worry, I try to bring it back to a conversation with God.   Sometimes I even shut the door to my room and pray until I am calm again and then walk out following Jesus.

A Contemplative-Stay-at-Home-Mom.  I like the sound of that!  It think I'll write that on the next form that asks for the mother's occupation.

3 comments:

  1. Bonjour madamme, i have read this article today, me have this website parfumuri originale very nice, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have just read your posts coz' I find it interesting! Keep on sharing.


    Dallas Garage Doors | SQL Server 2008

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stillness and peace that you are currently exploring. Why is it so hard to center and listen?
    Jennifer Love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!