12.05.2011

A New Beginning


"COMFORT, GIVE COMFORT TO MY PEOPLE"

We are working on schedules, routines, and healthy habits.

Without these things, family life is crazy.  There is no peace.  There is no comfort.  I know from experience.  Very, very recent experience...I've been a major slacker.

"PREPARE THE WAY OF THE LORD! MAKE STRAIGHT HIS PATHS"

So, when I have ten thousand things to do to get ready for Christmas, what do I do?  I make a chore jar and write out morning and night routines on popsicle sticks for the girls.  Then make a plan to work harder on my own healthy habits and routines.   

"EVERY VALLEY SHALL BE FILLED IN, EVERY MOUNTAIN AND HILL SHALL BE MADE LOW"

The Christmas stuff will happen.  It is happening.  Slowly I'm crossing things off my various lists.  I'm just trying not to let "the lists" get in the way of our sanity.

"THE GLORY OF THE LORD SHALL BE REVEALED, AND ALL THE PEOPLE SHALL SEE IT TOGETHER"

Right now my job is to keep our home in a state of peace and comfort so that the Christ child can enter our hearts and bring us peace.

"LIKE A SHEPHERD HE FEEDS HIS FLOCK; IN HIS ARMS HE GATHERS THE LAMBS, CARRYING THEM IN HIS BOSOM, AND LEADING THE EWES WITH CARE"

I guess I'm one of those ewes being led with care.  I get to follow the shepherd and bring my lambs along.  They will be safe with the shepherd and so will I.

This Scripture was taken from Isaiah Chapter 40 and was written over 700 years before Jesus was born. It's a never ending call to conversion.  A call to start over or start anew.  That is what this season of Advent, this time before Christmas, is  all about. For me, this year, it's a chore jar.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the words of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the chore jar! I also like that you are preparing both the inside (your heart) and the outside for Christmas and imparting that upon your household to make it truly an enjoyable season preparing for the Lord rather than a stress filled one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!