2.21.2012

Overcoming writers block and gloomy thoughts with plans for Lent

I know.  I know.  You are probably sick of hearing excuses from me about why I haven't posted a blog in a while.  Writers block.  Seriously.  I think I've started at least four different posts and just can't seem to get my mind to focus enough to write. 

Today I will break the wall.  My fingers will climb up and over while my thoughts poor onto the screen in a beautiful symphony of words.  Well, maybe it won't be that great, but at least I've written more than one sentence.

~~~

Today is Fat Tuesday and tomorrow we start Lent.  Here are this year's plans:

The First:

Each member of my family will have forty pieces of money (pennies, dimes, etc).  Each day we are to say a special prayer or sacrifice and then place a coin in the Catholic Relief Services rice bowl.

The Second:

Clean out things that are hidden or in desparate need of organization.  I'll spend (at least) ten minutes a day on this and commit to one room a week. 

The Third:

Attend Lenten faith sharing group at our church.

The Fourth:

Give up wheat.  This is going to be HARD.  However, I've been wondering lately if I have a wheat allergy so I though Lent would be a good time to find out.  Plus, it makes a lot of sense now that I can make bread and even bought a bread making cookbook (haha).

~~~

That's about all I've thought of, and knowing myself, I better stop there.  I am a consistant over-planner and then give up on it all because I'm overwhelmed. 

One last thought: Even though Lent is a season that enourages us to think about our sinfullness, I'm glad to have something to focus on rather than the gray skies, grizzly rain, and my gloomy thoughts.  Now I have Easter to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!