7.27.2015

Coming soon to my house....

...the long expected, anxiously anticipated, overly dreaded, Mother's Rule (insert applause here).

Warning: the following was written very quickly and with very little editing. Read at your own risk.

It's time.  I have put off my Mother's Rule for long enough. August 1st will be my start date and it.is.going.to.happen. Am I nervous about it, you may wonder?  Yes. Why, you may wonder next?  I don't know.  What I do know is that it doesn't matter and I'm ready to get on the Mother's Rule bandwagon.  I wonder if there are meetings and support groups I could attend?  Maybe my family needs to go to a group too.  A support group for families of mothers who have implemented a Mother's Rule.  hahahaha. That really made me laugh.

So, August 1st is a Saturday. Not the most perfect day to start, but we'll start none the less. The next day will be a day of rest, so that should be a good thing, right?

I plan to post a calendar with all the chores for the day, week and month.  I will also do my best to stick with the prayer plan (note to self: this is very important....remember that). I've already spent some time going through the chores in my mind and written some of it down in my trusty notebook. I have also already divided the kids into Breakfast Helper, Lunch Helper and Dinner Helper. They got right in line and helped, so that's been a relief. I expected a fight.

I think the fight is mostly going to be against my own lackadaisical nature. My "flesh" recoils at the thought of keeping to a schedule. I spend a lot of time getting lost in the day, but I honestly believe that if I am more deliberate with my schedule, I will have more time to enjoy the things I love (writing, reading, walking, talking, texting, daydreaming, etc.).

So, if you are reading this (which would be a miracle and I ought to notify the Pope to get it in the Vatican records), please pray for me.  Just a simple Hail Mary, Our Father or part of the Divine Mercy Chaplet would do.  If you really love me you could offer an entire rosary or your Sunday Mass; but that's asking a lot...but I'd be eternally grateful.  Then, I'd offer the sufferings of the work and the schedule and the protest of the children for your intentions.  I'm pretty sure we'd both get some time out of purgatory for these prayers...

Anyway, that was some good ol' Catholic humor there.  So, there you go.

Ok. I hope to be back here soon with some updates. God bless you blog heads.

1 comment:

  1. who can resist leaving a comment when it means being part of a miracle? you know, i have never been catholic, but my poppy (my mom's dad) lived with us from the time i was 4 until i was 15 when he passed away, and he listened and prayed along to the family rosary hour on the radio every single night he lived with us. he also happened to be very hard of hearing, so it was turned up loud, so even though he was in his room, the comforting sound of the rosary could be heard throughout the house. so, as it turns out, i am pretty good at hail marys and our fathers. good to hear about your mother's rule, keep posting about it as you go along so we can all take notes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!