11.02.2016

Family Life

Guess what? It is high time I got back to writing. If you look over to my new profile, you can see it needs work. I'm leaving it for now because it really doesn't matter. What matters is that I get back to what I need to do for me. Yes, I have a new baby. Yes, he takes up a lot of time. Yes, I am writing as quickly as I can because fires are burning all over the house (not literally, but you know that). To write is my thing, and ought to be part of my life.

So, here I am. Scattering Agates will not be what it was. I am no longer the person I was. The old Scattering Agates was about my tumbled thoughts to take or toss. I can honestly say I no longer have tumbled thoughts. I'm living moment to moment. Instead of sharing my tumbled thoughts, I'd like to share the small agate treasures of my family life, because my family and my life can no longer be separated.

I hope to share more pictures and stories of my kids and how I deal with the day to day, for good or for ill. Whatever I write, I promise to be real because not all agates are perfect. In fact, I can't say I've ever seen a perfect rock. Family life is the same.

That's all for now. I really, really, hope to see you here again soon!!




5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the writing world. It can be challenging to write regularly. But as Raymond Arroyo but it: "The only thing that brings peace to the writer is writing. The thing he is most loathe to begin: writing." https://goo.gl/5uVaRx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my g.o.s.h., that is so true! I ought to hang out with writers more often because I never realized the truth of that statement until you told me. Thanks Dc Calamity.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are back in the writing saddle.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holly! i am so glad you are back. and your use of you agate metaphor that has clearly stood the test of time, and has now grown into a new season/chapter of sharing the treasures, rather than tumbled thoughts, gave me chills. love you! it's almost time for our annual blog mommy meet up, i think! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i love your comparison to the old scattering agates and the new.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!