11.05.2016

Tween girls, games & a baby picture.

Ha! Let's see if I can write close to daily to get back in the habit. I'm not going to promise quality right now, but I can at least work to revive my writing skills as well as document some things that are going on.

Last night a bunch of girls ages 9 to 11 sat around our dining room table with board games. Clare loves to play games and I am so terrible about sitting down to play with her. That's why our house brimmed with laughter and games. We invited these girls just to come play for the evening. It was a success! Everyone had fun and I was able to visit with a few moms who stayed. My only complaint was that it was a little too loud for good adult conversation, but that's not what the night was about.

This is one of the first times I've actually organized something fun for one of my kids that wasn't connected to a birthday. Birthday parties require festive food, deliberate decorations, pricey presents and cumbersome clean up. Comparatively, our game night food consisted of a couple bags of chips, we did not have to decorate, and without wrapping paper and gift bags, clean up was a cinch.

I'll leave you with one of the latest pictures of Matthias at 7 weeks.


2 comments:

  1. alliteration accolades! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! your right, much more fun than a birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it!